Thursday, June 3, 2010

Coils...



So here they are...my coils. For me this style is nostalgic. My mom used to do my hair like this all the time when I was little (I called them Shirley Temple curls back then). Most often, she would do a side pony-tail and then coil the ends. I remember being in a play and a teacher trying to comb out the coils before the play began. My mom was pissed...lol!!!

I decided to try this because I've seen some great coil-out pics and I so wanted that look. One day I'll realize that wash-n-go's work for me and leave the "styling" to someone else but for now, I'd like to try to make something work. Anyway, I'm not in love with my coil-out. While I got plenty of compliments and my hair was ridiculously soft (my daughter said it was silky), I thought the style itself was blah and resembled dreadlocks. What do you think?!?!?



By the way, the coils were done on the 4th day of a Kinky-Curly Curling Custard application after wetting my hair a little.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment