Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Been experimenting...

It's Tuesday and I had a great Memorial Day weekend! I cooked Sunday (oven fried chicken, greens, and roasted red potatoes); it was good! I love cooking for people and watching them enjoy my food. Monday my parents grilled hamburgers, hot dogs, steak (I think but I'm not into steak so I didn't get any), shrimp, veggies, and corn on the cob. They also fixed a tossed salad just to round out the meal. Yummy!!! I hope everyone had as good a weekend as I did!

So let me back up a little to Friday. I was working from home and didn't do anything to my hair. It looked a hot mess! I hadn't washed (or combed) it in a few days, trying to get the most out of my Mixed Chicks application so it needed some TLC. I decided to go back to the Kinky-Curly Curling Custard and try again. I only had a little bit of Knot Today left so I had to get creative. Here's what I did:

1. Washed with Organix Coconut Milk Shampoo...love this shampoo because it smells delicious, has no sulfates, and I can even detangle with it!!!
2. Deep conditioned with a mix of Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition 3-Minute Undo and Virgin Coconut Oil for about 1.5 hrs.
3. Rinsed and co-washed with Herbal Essences Hello Hydration.
4. Applied the rest of the Knot Today and supplemented with Yes To Cucumbers to detangle.
5. With a heavy hand, applied the Curling Custard in sections, finger combing each section (in retrospect, i probably finger combed too much because I had very little "clump-age").

Ta Da...I think it looked great! My hair didn't swell up like usual and still had plenty of body. What do you think?

Day 1


Day 2 - It was really humid so by Day 3 my hair needed to be refreshed but I didn't feel like it so it was a little frizzy.


I'm experimenting with coils and a coil out next. I'll post pics!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment